Monday, September 8, 2014

Different Observations

So I know the assignment was intended for on BYU campus, but my girlfriend and I went to Bridal Veil Falls over the weekend and I thought that it would be a great spot to find out the observational differences that we had since there is so much to observe there.

Her List

  • The tree line ends really high up on the mountain.
  • I wonder why they felt the need to put power lines at the base of the mountain.
  • Some of the leaves are starting to change!
  • There are more Mexicans than any other ethnicity here.
  • Lots of pretty, small, purple daisies.
  • My lai (she had made a lai out of sunflowers) is slowly being pushed off the rock by the mist from the waterfall.
  • My left cheek is hotter than my right.
  • Nobody uses cameras anymore, everyone uses their phones.
  • The falls are illuminated.
  • I can see twelve white cars and one yellow hummer.
  • I can see one random power line coming across the road, possibly brings electricity to the shack?
  • The strata on the mountains are gorgeous.
  • The earth is so old.
  • My flip flops are dry everywhere except the bottom of my feet.
My List
  • Lots of trees and bushes.
  • The rocks are slippery.
  • There are people climbing up the rocks.
  • Weird people are getting their shoes wet.
  • Water is falling on me.
  • The sky is pretty.
  • My girlfriend looks good.
  • There are some dogs running around.
  • There are lots of cars driving on the highway for a Sunday.
  • I can see lots of bugs and flowers.
  • A guy just almost fell.
  • These mountains are huge and I am so small.
  • This waterfall is very cold. 
  • That guy wore the totally wrong shoes. 
We had very different lists even though we were looking at the same things. It was a very entertaining process for us to read the lists. 

This is the view we had when we took the observations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment