Monday, October 20, 2014

JUST DO IT or do not.

I used a few different fonts, capitalization methods, and sizes in this piece in order to connote different meanings. For the "DO or DO NOT," I went for the papyrus font because I felt like it's wisdom, almost scripture. They're words to be pondered upon for generations to come. Also, I felt the "DO" and "DO NOT" should be heavily focused because they are the two options in every decision. As for the "THERE IS NO", I wanted these words to stand out as a kind of declaration or command. I went for the Gothic font, feeling it functioned as a very majetstic warning. And finally, "try", I felt should be very much undermined, looked down upon, and lazy. Based on my personal experiences, I hate it when people tell me they'll "try" and don't commit to something. It comes off as very weak to me and I thought the smaller hobo font helped portray that feeling. It's harder to see, and if you're just glancing, it may appear that there is no "try."

No comments:

Post a Comment