Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Campus Symmetry


Bilateral Symmetry

This scene stood out to me as a very bilateral example.  With the statue and the pillars it really helps to get the idea across.  The trees on the outside help to balance it out as well.  I used a large depth of field in this picture because so many of the elements help this scene to balance that I wanted all of them to be in focus.


Radial Symmetry

I used a knot in a tree for an example of radial symmetry here.  The bark is what makes this image have a radial composition to me as it twists around the knot in the tree at its center.  I used more of a shallow depth of field for this picture to help focus specifically on the bark.  


Asymmetrical Balance

For my last example I tried to use the rule of thirds to showcase this "tree of life."  This really was more appealing than trying to shoot it straight on and really does help it to be more balanced.  I have the Kimball Tower in the background so I used somewhat of a shallow depth of field to keep the focus on the tree of life, but not too much so that you can still see the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment