Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Korean symmetry and balance in the library

When I lived in Seoul, I saw this coming home one night and thought it was too good to pass up...the reflection off the water was perfect.
(bilateral Song-Pa)


This is another shot that an elder took of me and my companion in the middle of some rice fields in Korea.
I thought the balance between the focus on the rice fields was cool and there is still enough focus to see us and the apartments in the background, even though there is more focus on the rice.


This last one got me thinking...since I was in the library and a voice came over the speakers to tell us the library was going to close, I was inspired to "look up" and bada-boom! I found this gem of a radial symmetrical example in the ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment