Thursday, October 24, 2013

What are kids doing these days









My piece says quite a few things. For me I loved growing up with books, art, nature, and travel. I think that these things are missing from the way kids are brought up and the way we spend our time. I wanted to try and create letters in different ways with each one having an image the represented the entire phrase. To me these things are the fuel for life. They get us to learn, think, and create outside of the computer and the classroom. I like that it is fairly easily identifiable, but does have some abstract elements. I definitely thing letters can be strong with simplicity or the image they move with or represent. I went a little literal with my letters but this idea felt like something I represent. Life fuel is really one idea i want to promote in getting kids to explore the world around them and read.

1 comment: