Sunday, October 27, 2013

Gestalt Assignment- Crayons (Tuesday, October 22)

For my Gestalt Assignment, I created a crayon design that incorporates Similarity and Proximity.

The Similarity principle is evident in this design because the crayons all look the same. They are all purple with the exception of the lime green crayon. Although the lime green crayon is not the same color as the rest, it is still the exact same shape, length, and size. 

The Proximity principle is evident in this design because these crayons are grouped together. Therefore, all crayons can be perceived as one single unit. 




When we were asked to also take a picture of an evident Gestalt principle, my mind immediately went to this:


I am a huge ESPN fan. I watch ESPN, I read ESPN.com, and even have the ESPN app on my phone. This ESPN logo is something that I see daily. It possess the Closure Gestalt Principle, as it forces the mind to fill in the blank spots within the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment