Monday, October 20, 2014

Call to Action: Lakers in China

I made this image for a target audience: the wonderful basketball fans of China. The NBA has increasingly become an international sport, and there are many people all around the world that are huge fans. This particular call of action was inspired by the NBA's recent efforts to play a few international games every year, including one Lakers game in China. I used the image of the Great Wall of China, along with the classic Lakers font, but I included a little tagline below the logo in Chinese. I felt it was important to write the message in the language of the people it was intended for. I made the font of the characters white, along with the main logo. The Chinese characters are much smaller than the main logo; the idea is that people see the Lakers logo, and read the caption below. I feel the typography is legible and works well with the backdrop.

1 comment: