Monday, October 20, 2014

Typography Assignment- Call to Action!

Ok so here's how I manipulated the text:

  • I wanted the words "The Crowd" to be dull and common, so all I did was set them to Times New Roman and Italicized them. I also put them in bold to provide a more solid background for the white lettering.
    • "The Crowd" is copied a billion times and smashed together chaotically... like a crowd of people.
  • "Get Up &..." are in the Stencil Std font, which gives the text a feeling of authority and solidarity (almost makes them look like they have been stamped onto the picture).
    • I adjusted the tracking of "Get" so the letters are closer together.
    • I made a change in the leading so that the "U" and "P" were closer together.
    • The lettering for the word "UP" goes up as you read it. Makes the image more dynamic. 
    • Also the "&" symbol is off in the corner, which makes things more unique and interesting to read. Increases the sense of movement, like the words are about to break out of "The Crowd".
  • "Stand Out" is in bright red, so it stands out. It's also obviously standing out from the jumble of other words.

No comments:

Post a Comment