Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Lone Wanderer

When I started out this assignment I was most drawn to the idea of wandering through the woods because it's always been a good way for me to clear my head and to be alone with my thoughts. This time though I took it much further than I ever had before. I started off at about 3:00 and decided not to come back until I had felt something special while I was out there.

I started hiking through the foothills above Orem and just walked. I kept walking, letting my mind wander aimlessly through everything it wanted to. It was the most relaxing experience. It was very freeing to not have to think about what I needed to do or where I needed to go, but just allow my mind to wander through ideas and memories and things that came out of nowhere. After a few hours I noticed some dog tracks on the ground and decided that would be a cool route to take, to follow in a dog's footsteps. So I did that for the next stretch.

Finally after several hours out there. (Not really sure how long) I found what I went out there looking for. I saw the coolest, most beautiful sunset ever. I snapped several photos of it, but found myself reluctant to leave. I decided to sit and meditate there for a while, and then I was finally forced to return because the light was fading fast.

I truly lost myself in this assignment and am glad that I did.


5 comments:

  1. Wondering around helps me to think about my life and what I am happy with and I need to improve. Loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondering around helps me to think about my life and what I am happy with and I need to improve. Loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meditation is the best! I find the best clarity when I am in a peaceful setting by myself and I do my best to put myself at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Props to you for taking several hours to really do this assignment. Beautiful shots by the way.

    ReplyDelete