Thursday, October 24, 2013

Confidence

I have a roommate who struggles with confidence.  She tries to be confident by cutting her hair and acting crazy, but her lack of confidence always manifests itself.  She relies on other people to validate her worth.
I choose a picture of a girl who has freckles.  Sometimes, people are self conscious of those things that make them unique- like freckles.  We all just want to fit in.  I chose a font that looks somewhat conventional, but has dot that lines each of the letters.  I chose the dots because it matched the freckles, and turned the conventional font into something different.  I chose to overly the white "it looks good on you" because the two statements are connected, but they are still distinct from one another.  The only way the two phrases are connected are by proximity because the font, color, and even spacing on the letters are different.
I chose to use wide spaces between the letters in confidence because a confident person can stand alone; a confident person doesn't need to be close to others to know their worth.  I chose to do "it looks good on you" close together and smaller because it's not as important, but it also needs to be read quickly in one class.

1 comment:

  1. I think the "confidence" type works well in this piece.

    ReplyDelete