Thursday, October 17, 2013

Harry Potters Living Room



 
 
Movie posters are created to be visually captivating. I generally select color for imagery by using complimentary colors, I enjoy using opposite sides of the circle as it were, so here i decided to see if images I like use the same idea. I decided to look at the pattern derived from a professional image that is vivid, exciting, and made to catch the eye (I also just love Harry Potter). That is a large reason why I was surprised to see such boring color patterns come from this movie poster. I definitely see how the tones work together well. However, if you showed me this set of five colors I would think that this is how somebody selected an outfit or decided to decorate a living room. It works but I don't find it epic movie battle exciting. 
 
So below you will see a fail. I began very ambitious using these colors to fill in the Hogwarts symbol.  Which is proof you cannot clear Photoshop in a few hours. So I resorted to making a P for potter out of lightening bolts in Word (The word image then fell out of formation in blogger). Word happens to be a little more limited in color. I can say I tried to associate each color from my pallet with one  in Word. I will say though they are mostly lighter whiter (tinted) versions of themselves, they do work well together. I could easily see a very harmonious living room using these colors.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment