Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Ty's color & gestalt study


I made this bug 3d image recently on a Maya program. I was going for a fall looking color scheme with darker muted colors. I choose to use certain hues that would resembling the darker shades of the vibrant color of the changing color of the leaves. I did this in the hopes that the image would appear like dusk a  night fast approaching. I hoped that this would give a sense of danger for the little caterpillar and the ominous hungry owl lurking in the background.  I used muted and and harmonious colors to give a sense of union to the piece and alternatively used a contrasting color for the caterpillar in  the foreground to make the object to appear out of place and lead your eye.


Gestalt theory


I made this image with illustrator. I designed it in mind of a clothing company that focuses on high fashion. alligator purses snake snake shoes etc .

Continuation - I wanted the image to be multiple things at once an infinity sign showing how timeless and vintage the clothing can be as well as a bow tie as with the high fashion idea playing with the logo brand rep and in repping something in this case the style.

Closure -I think that the infinity sign leads to itself and makes you explore the fairly simple design.  keeping your locked on the image exploring every run and layer. it's self confined as I think a logo ougth to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment