Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Creativity Assignment - Gestalt Theory & Color


I used a monochromatic color scheme (with Kuler) of red tones to make my design.  I wanted to use red to get an emotion across along with the image, so I just added grays and black to the red to make darker, deeper tones in the text.



Although this design that I made is simple, it displays several Gestalt principles.  I think the most noticeable principle used is that of proximity, because the small arrows are grouped so close together that they are viewed as one large arrow when looked at as a whole.  Next, the principle of continuation can also be seen because the arrows are repeated one after another, pointing you in one direction, so your eyes automatically follow the design.  And last, similarity is present because the entire image is made up of identical arrows that create a larger image.

No comments:

Post a Comment