Thursday, October 16, 2014

Gestalt & Color Theory


For the color theory assignment I chose complimentary colors. I chose these colors because they remind me of fall and it is my favorite season. I think it is powerful that colors hold so much meaning for me. Since I was little I have always loved colors and I would never choose a favorite because I loved all of them. I also love that there is theory behind it, I think it gives it more weight. 

This gestalt principle that I used is proximity. This is a logo I designed for a local ice cream company in Seattle, WA. I love this design because even though those are completely separate objects they are seen as ice cream scoops or the evolution of the moon. When the are seen together thought they create an M, and I love that design can do thing like that, it adds such an exciting element.

No comments:

Post a Comment