Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Adventure is out there!


This was my design that I created using the Gestalt principles. The two that I tried to use were closure (as seen through the word adventure) and continuation (as seen through the compass pointer.) The word adventure uses closure because you cannot see the entire word and therefore you mind automatically finishes the certain elements of the word. You also cannot see the map behind the word, but you know the rest of the map exists. The second element I used was continuation. The compass arrow draws your attention from the word adventure and moves it towards the North symbol above the arrow. I enjoyed using these principles because I feel as if I use them in my every day life already. All of the elements I use to make my work aesthetically appealing, falls into one of Gestalts principles. These different principles make me want to look outside of the picture for the rest of the words and to look in the direction of the arrow. It  makes me want to travel outside of the picture, and explore and go on an adventure. At least that's how I take it, and that was my purpose.

The image that I found to represents another one of Gestalts principles is this one, of a girl in the crowd. This represents similarity because she stands out, while everyone else is dressed similar and have the same characteristics. She is dressed in avery different way, which makes her stand out. I think that is the point of this principle, to group things together and look for the outlier. This one makes a statement and makes me want to know what is so different about her. It highlights her in a sea of black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment