Thursday, October 17, 2013

Chelsea the Color Scheme Makes Rose of Sharon

To create a multidimensional color scheme I used the logo of one of my favorite soccer clubs and derived its dominant hues using kuler.adobe.com:


The tool allowed me to identify the exact colors included in the scheme through the RGB and hexadecimal systems, allowing me to import my custom scheme into a software program to create my design. I was able to distinguish that the colors in the scheme were for the most part tints and tones of basic colors as opposed to shades. The colors of the scheme shared a relatively triadic relationship on the color wheel:


As I began to create my design using my color scheme I tried to keep it simple and use basic shapes to make whatever came naturally. As the pattern developed I began to identify it as a flower of some kind that I seemed to travel through as I added more and more detail. As a result, I have named the design "Rose of Sharon", and I feel that it reflects well the relationship that the colors used in its creation have on the color wheel:
-Bryant Bienz


No comments:

Post a Comment