Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Color Scheme Design


I used a color scheme from some wallpaper I have to create a design using only circles, squares, and lines/arrows. It was hard to make everything coordinate so that my design didn't come out looking like random squares and circles all over the place. In the wallpaper, no two flowers are exactly alike so, when making my design, I made sure that no two shapes were exactly alike. Either they were a different hue, a slightly different size, or surrounded by different sorts of lines, brackets, or arrows. Many of the colors were adjacent to each other on the color wheel, creating a clashing relationship between the two colors if I placed them right next to each other. I had to be somewhat strategic in where I placed circles versus squares, arrows versus brackets, and colors versus their adjacent colors on the color wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment