Thursday, October 17, 2013

Colors and Clothes

For my image, I decided to take a picture of the outfit I wore yesterday. After taking the picture, I ran it through kuler.adobe.com.

Here is my outfit:
And here is what Kuler popped out:

The hues of my outfit are mostly muted, but Kuler picked out one variation of brown, two variations of blue, and two of grey. I felt quite pleased when I saw how well the colors complemented each other, with the exception of the brown. However, the brown was not part of the outfit; Kuler picked up on the corner of my bed frame. I thought it was interesting that it didn't pick up on my black boots, but if the brown in the color scheme were substituted for black, the colors would flow together much better. 

Something interesting I noted about this outfit is that there aren't any colors that are dramatically opposite of each other--with brighter hues that might have been the case. It seems the blues and greys were created by adding just a touch of white (for the lighter tones) and a bit of black (for the darker shades). The colors seem to flow together pretty well since they are all subtly related. 

No comments:

Post a Comment