Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Gestalt Theory*

I used the Gestalt elements of closure and proximity to create my image.  I put an asterisk on something that I was writing before working on this project and decided that I would use it as a starting point.  Even though there are no lines to complete the image it looks like an asterisk.  Just as we learned in class our minds can finish the image and see the shape that these little asterisks make. 


As far as seeing something while out and about I saw this out on the road the other day.  One of the Gestalt theories that I see in this is closure.  Just like the image above out mind is able to finish the shapes even though there are no white rings or boxes on the back of the truck.  Similarity can also be seen here in the use of both red and white to create polarizing images of each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment