Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Red Rageous


I love the color red.  I always have.  So when I saw this picture on Google Images, I copied it over to Adobe to see what color scheme it would give me.  By looking at the image, it's obvious that the colors are very harmonious.  I didn't realize HOW harmonious until I had Adobe auto-pinpoint some hues.  They were nearly on top of each other.  I suppose, for me, that's why I found this image so pleasant to look at.  After I found the specific hues that Adobe gave me, I fished around for a good program to put them to use.  Lo and behold, the Paint program that comes by default on most computers has an excellent color editing aspect.  I'm not sure if the RGB translated correctly from Adobe to Paint, as the colors in Paint weren't as vibrant as in Adobe.  But it still came out fine.   Here's what I came up with using the hues from my color scheme:


 To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what it is. As a kid, I always loved to mess around in Paint.  I would spend hours just making shapes, lines, brush strokes, and then filling in spaces with different colors.  Each picture was unique.  Making this was just as fun, and I was able to use various hues of my favorite colors.  It's random, fractured, and (I think) pretty cool looking.  Will it land in an art museum?  Probably not.  But not being an extremely artsy person myself, I feel it's pretty artsy, at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment