Thursday, October 24, 2013

Typography Assignment (scream)




For my call to action I used the verb "scream."  To experiment with the typography I used different fonts that gradually got larger and bolder.  I increased the font size with each letter and then played around with colors and spacing and ended up with this image.  My original idea was to stretch the letters to make them more dramatic and I even wanted to put an open mouth within the letters to incorporate Gestalt's figure/ground element but I had limited abilities with my software.  I like the idea of experimenting with typography and seeing how greatly it can influence an image and convey a message.  Super interesting and something I've never thought about until this class.

(I got a new laptop and it doesn't have any design software on it so I just used Word.  I couldn't save it as a picture so I took a picture of it with my phone, that's why the quality isn't the best but I didn't know what else to do...haha)

2 comments:

  1. For some reason I really like the lower quality. You can see a glow around the whites because you took it with your phone and I think that adds to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think the "s" is a bit hard to make out, but I'm not sure if that needs to be fixed because it is effective in what you are trying to create here.

    ReplyDelete