Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Typography- Be YOU.



be Y0U.

My "call to action" is a call to everyone in the world to never forget to always be themselves. No matter how cheesy it may sound, there is only one of you on this entire planet, so why would we try to be someone we're not? I decided to display this call to action by using a simple design, since it's such a simple phrase. I wanted the "be" to not be the focus of the piece, so I selected the simple Arial font. I wanted the period to match the simplicity of the "be," so I also made it the standard gray color and a normal font. I really wanted the word "you" to be the focus of every viewer, so I chose a fun, random font that expresses the individuality in each of us. I then made it a soft, lime green color and more than twice the size of the "be" to really make it standout. When people see this, I wanted them to think of themselves in a positive light and know that it's more fun being yourself; so these particular colors and fonts were essential to make that happen. 

1 comment: