Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Color Theory



I found my color scheme by selecting a picture red leaves and a dark/storming sky. The reds and purples are harmonious or they are adjacent on the color wheel. If you start with the red hue on the right, the other two reds are tints of that hue which is achieved by adding white. If you start with the purple hue in the middle, the purple next to it is a shade of that color. This is achieved by adding black. 

I specifically looked for a color scheme with the color red, because of the nature of my quote. I had originally started with a blue/orange/brown color scheme thinking that it would be good for an inspirational quote since blue is a calming color. However, when I reread my quote, I realized that I wanted to bring out action. The quote is about doing/finding adventure and the calming blue would not do that. Red, on the other hand, does bring out action and motivate people to move (the red carpet example seen in class). The purple, I thought, was a nice harmony to that red.  

No comments:

Post a Comment