Thursday, October 16, 2014

Gestalt & Color Assignments

Color Assignment:



I took this picture on a beach in southern France. The original photo is very dull, with nothing but grey or blue to be seen. I had fun manipulating it and giving it some color. It changes the whole tone of the scene. As a kid, I was always told to pick complementary colors on the color wheel. But for this picture, I like how the colors are harmonious instead. There's the purple sea with the orange sky...(purple and orange are very close to each other on the wheel). I also like how the brightness of the colors makes the silhouette of the man and the lighthouse stand out. Too bad this is not how the ocean looks in real life!

Gestalt Assignment:

With this one, I just played around a little with InDesign. Very simple. But I like the way it looks. Obviously, this uses Gestalt's theories of similarity and proximity. Because all these symbols look alike, our mind automatically groups them together. The objects are all also close together, which makes our mind group the symbols together as well.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're recoloring really brought that picture to life! Beyond real life, even.

    ReplyDelete