Sunday, January 10, 2016

Ain't seen nothing yet until you're downtown






From my adventure to downtown Provo, I realized there is more to this little city than meets the eye. Often I try and blaze through that area because it seems kind of run down, with shops that are closed or other shops that are near the point of being closed down. After taking some time to walk through that area, I found there is much history here. I found creative art that someone had painted on alleyways. I found an old car with painting on it. I found art and I found beauty in an area I wasn’t expecting to find much more than some deserted shops and sad diners. It helped me to realize the lens through which you view the world, or a specific place largely depends on how you perceive things to be. After this activity I found little hidden gems and now I view the city as an old treasure, rather than a dumpy place you can only drive 15 mph through (I still have yet to discover a happier lens through which to view that speed limit through).

No comments:

Post a Comment