Monday, April 11, 2016

Perception #1- Karenna Meredith









I really enjoyed this assignment because I was able to explore parts of downtown Provo that I hadn't even realized existed. There are so many fun and quirky elements of downtown, and this assignment helped me pay better attention to them. I chose to take the first photo, because the chalk graffiti caught my eye from across the street. It is such a stark contrast to the brick wall behind it that, it really drew me in. I chose to take the second photo because I rarely look in shop windows when I'm walking by, because I'm usually in such a rush, and since I was able to stop and enjoy each location, I thought this "History" poster was really reflective of the sewing shop it belonged to. I loved seeing the googly eyes on random items throughout downtown Provo, which is why I took the third photo. The pharmacy really stood out to me because it looked so retro and almost out of place between all the other more "modern" stores on Center St. Finally, I took the final photo, because in all my time walking through Downtown Provo, I've never noticed this sign or seen anyone stop to appreciate it or follow its directions. It gave me a good laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment