Wednesday, October 16, 2013

14 page religion paper turned into art

Last year I took a Pearl of Great Price class here at BYU. That class required me to write a 14 page single space commentary of a chapter in the Book of Moses. Well Since that took up so much time of my life I decided I better use it often. So tonight I decided to turn it art.

 I highlighted the whole thing then shrunk it down by changing the size of the font from 12 to 1. Then I went online and made a color scheme that had a very beautiful hue. It was very fun applying what I learned in class. Color to me has never been that interesting. I really played around with the tone and shade but it wasn't cutting it for me. Finally I adjusted the tint and found the perfect base color that I wanted.  I was tempted to do a complementary color scheme but decided to go crazy and do a triadic one. After I chose my color scheme I was able to go on word and match the exact color by using the RGB function. I just typed in the numbers and it matched the colors perfectly it was pretty neat. After I changed all 5 copies of my 14 page paper to the proper colors I then copied and pasted them into paint with a pretty sporadic design. I tried to have no reason in it and just let me fingers flow with the text boxes.

 It's funny this assignment reminded me of the TED talks we watched where it's limitations that cause creativity. I am very bad with computers I know how to work word and paint that is it. So it is because of this I had to get creative with my art project. Anyways let me know what you think and if you want zoom in and learn more about the Book of Moses be my guest!





1 comment: