Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Breaking the Norm

*** Note to Prof. Cutri:
So, for some apparent reason, my image will not upload to the blog, so this is the best I could do. The original creation had hollow orange lettering directly on top of the word image. The blog only allowed me to upload the word image and the color of the words.


Better than a thousand 

hollow 

words, is one word that brings peace.

I have always loved this quote.
More in a religious sense, but
also in a literal sense. It can be perceived in any 
of a number of ways, depending on the reader.
I purposely put the word hollow in the 
middle of this picture of 
words. I wanted specific emphasis on 
"hollow."
              
I think spacing

"hollow"
                                                                      
 all by itself adds a deeper meaning 
 to the word itself and what it means.
 Traditionally, writing would be left 
 to right, until the end of 
 the line runs out, in which 
 one would start a new line. 
 But in this sense, it would 
 have detracted from 
 the intended meaning. 
 Altering from the norm
 works in this sense.




1 comment:

  1. Cool. I think with the words on the image (which I know you intended to do) the justification would give it a nice feel.

    ReplyDelete