Thursday, October 17, 2013

Color 1

I chose the complementary colors blue and orange. I think blue and orange are visually pleasing as well as symbolically pleasing. Orange is a warm color and blue is a cool color. They remind me of the sun and the sea. I chose a bird to represent the connection between the two colors. A bird can fly into the sun or float on the waters below.

The blue of the bird (R=0, G=118, B=254) was the base color I used for my color scheme. The waves and the swirling, moving parts of the water are represented by a lighter tint. For me, lighter colors represent motion because a moving part isn't entirely in focus, allowing light (whiteness or tint) to peak through the gaps in our perception.The sky is a darker shade. Usually dark skies are an indication of choppy water. The hexadecimal code for the three blues are 0076FE (hue), 59A6FE (tint), and 0053B3 (shade) respectively.

The sun is represented by an orange tint and an orange shade. We would typically imagine the sun in a brighter hue, but doing so would have ruined the color scheme. The orange would not be a true complementary to the blues if it was brighter. That being said, the moving parts of the sun (the rays beaming toward earth and the molten churning of gases) are lighter. If I were to print this image, the orange tint would be encoded (C=0, M=36, Y=86, K=0). Notice the value for black is zero, indicating a tint rather than a tone. The orange shade would be encoded (C=0, M=36, Y=100, K=29). Notice black is added to the hue, indicating a shade.


No comments:

Post a Comment