Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Color Theory: Less Is More


As I first explored on the kuler site, I found that I was instantly drawn to triadic colors. I loved how even though they were all on different sides of the color wheel, they all came together so nicely. The above color theme I found to be very calming and beautiful. Each of these colors has a sort of softer tint to it, making it more pleasing to the eye. 


From my color scheme, I really only focused on one or two colors. Does this make me boring? Some might say so; but I find beauty in a design where there's less contrast. The simple, yet soft, teal color brought me a sense of ease and relaxation. The flower design I created added a nice touch of contrast, but kept the easy flow of things. This led to my choosing of the quote. I felt that this simple phrase needed to be paired with colors and designs that bought a sense of serenity and ease. To me, this says "bliss." 

No comments:

Post a Comment