Thursday, October 24, 2013

Don't Worry Be Happy


         DON’T                                             BE

              R                                    H                              Y

     O                R                               A                     P

W                         Y                                      P

  

                            
My call to action came from my Ipod. I happened to be listening to the song, "Don't Worry, Be Happy." I used two variable techniques to help me accomplish what I wanted to do. First, I arranged the typography in such a way that I hoped that the reader would be able to see a frown and smile in the simple letter placements of the words worry and happy. It was an easy arrangement, but I feel it helped get the message across that I was hoping to portray. Secondly, I used colors to try and aid my purpose. On the left, in the "Don't Worry" side, I mad sure the colors were blacks, greys, and blues, which are more somber colors. In the frown, the colors get darker towards the bottom or corners of the frown. On the Happy side, I did the exact opposite. I tried to choose bright, happy colors that got brighter as the smile curved upward. They were simple design elements, but I felt that they were able to help aid me in using typography effectively to get a simple message across.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea behind this. Different layout might help it to flow better.

    ReplyDelete