Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fall Color Frenzy

This is truly the best time of the year. Leaves are changing and the mountains look on fire. The red, orange, yellow contrasted with the green and brown backdrop create a warm and fuzzy feeling inside of me. The air turns crisp and clothes start to bundle up. I even make sure to decorate my home with colors and artifacts representing fall. While searching for ideas to decorate the interior of my home, I came across this picture of a cozy living room with my envisioned "fall color scheme".

I uploaded it into the Adobe Kuler color scheme generator and out popped these beautiful colors.


I created this image of dysfunctional, indecisive arrows pointing all over the place because that is how my mind feels right now in the midst of midterms. This color scheme is not triadic, however, all of these hues stay within the colors red and green on the right side of the color wheel. Red and green are complimentary colors, so I found it interesting that this picture of the living room happened to keep it between those two specifically. It seems to me that the brown and tan looking colors are shades and tones of orange/yellow.




Wow, I enjoyed this project so much because of how much I actually learned to do hands-on. I am very beginner-status when it comes to technological artsy programs such as photoshop and illustrator. Yet, with some time messing around on different programs, I was able to teach myself how to create an array of specific colors using the RGB slider feature. Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment