Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Plains of Africa color my Jeep

It just so happens that my own Jeep Wrangler is getting a paint job this week, so it occured to me that it would be fun to design a jeep.

To get my color spectrum, I used a picture of a Lion that I took during my mission in South Africa. I thought it was really cool how much this albino lion blends into the grasses in the foreground, but contrasts to the clear, blue sky.





The Adobe Kuler application produced this spectrum, which included a few harmonious colors that appear close to one another on the color wheel. I really thought the blue hues went well with the tans and browns that wouldn't be found naturally in the color wheel. Though, with the orangish ingredient in the brown seems to almost be a complimentary color to the blues.

 After establish my color scheme, I went to work designing the interior and exterior of a Jeep Wrangler. I used the lighter blue as the main body color, but the darker for the fender flares. The tans and browns were implimented more on the interior of the vehicle. I played around a bit, but eventually came to the conclusion that the darker shades of blue and brown went well with their lighter tints adjacent to them.


Conclusion: This jeep looked a little to "girly" to be what I would drive, but I still think it would make a great looking one for my little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment