Thursday, October 17, 2013

winter fever

So I just got back from Warren Miller (ski movie), and I can't skiing out of my head. I have always really admired female action sport athletes, so I thought I would take a feminine approach to an alpine theme. I started with simple triangles that looked like mountains but thought that was boring, so I duplicated the triangles a couple times and came out with this. It kinda reminds me of pine trees, which I love because they remind me of home.
I think the psychology of color is so interesting. It's funny to me to watch what is popular in wedding color schemes. I feel like lately the trend of orange ombrés and neutrals is giving way to a new berry-toned trend, so that's what I went with. 
All of my colors were created by adding a certain amount of black or white, except for my red. For my purples, I made them a 'shade' by adding a lot of black. My pink tint used white as well as a little yellow. The red and purple hues could be found on any standard color wheel in an application like Word. My color scheme is definitely harmonious, meaning all my colors are found next to each other on the color wheel. 
I ended up liking my design (surprisingly) because it had an oddly natural feel. These aren't your typical natural colors, yet you can find them all in nature- in berries! So it was a fun take on pine trees in "natural" colors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment