Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Gestalt Project made using my Custom Color Scheme

I decided to kill two birds with one stone by creating my Gestalt design with only the colors that I created using Adobe Color.

My color scheme came from a picture of the mountains at sunset, creating lots of cool shades and harmonious colors. I altered the lightest shade by adding white to lighten up the color and add slight contrast to the stars.

My design utilizes Gestalt's concepts of continuation proximity. The flare effect and wording leads the eye diagonally along the image while the proximity of the stars gives the illusion that the flare leads into a separate scene with the stars.

The overall effect is an inspirational yet calming one, which encourages the viewer to just lay back and let themselves be the shining star they are.




No comments:

Post a Comment