Friday, March 9, 2018

Weekly Sketch #6 + Animate with Color

I am now bordering on obsession, but I can't get over the walls at the Thyssen.  The coral color has been one of my favorites for forever, and I have never seen a museum that didn't have neutral walls.  It was overwhelming to walk through that museum, but I loved it.  This painting in particular stood out to me.  It was large--well over 8 feet--and it was simple.  It was of a woman in a green dress.  She is beautiful and elegant.  You feel like she is living the best version of herself, and I am obsessed with the contrasting green and coral.  She was hanging in between two large windows, and the symmetry added to the overall lovely affect.  While I was at the Thyssen, I bought a few postcards, and the red paper is left over from the bag they gave me.  The green paper is leftover from more postcards purchased at the Prado.  The black paper is torn from a pamphlet from the 'Crucifixion' exhibit at Escorial.



1 comment:

  1. This is the John Singer Sargent painting, isn't it? I loved that one as well!

    ReplyDelete