Monday, June 2, 2014

Pictures by Sam

This first picture is an example (albeit subtle) of radial symmetry. I played with the settings on my camera in order to get this effect--Friday night was so eerie, I wanted to take some kind of picture to reflect and convey that otherworldliness, and I thought that with the beams coming out of the street light, this photo accurately captured it.
This photo portrays bilateral symmetry--sort of. One apple is a stress ball and the other is an actual apple. They are roughly the same size and shape, but are clearly different. I wanted to take a bilateral symmetry picture that was somewhat off the beaten path.
I struggled with my last photo to find something that conveyed asymmetrical balance, so I decided to play with depth of field instead. Of the photos of my fiancee that I took on Saturday, this might be my favorite--a shallow depth of field, with minimal critical focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment