Monday, September 12, 2011

Marty Twelves' preview

I like keeping things simple and straightforward. Taking shots from different angles and such isn't exactly forte. I prefer showing things as they are so there's chance of confusion in what I'm trying to get across. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate allowing people to interpret symbols or images; I just like it when the meaning isn't super easy to screw up.

What I liked most about the page seen here is the similarity and contrast between the two images. On one hand there's several shelves of books, and on the other there's an Amazon Kindle ebook reader that fits the same amount of information all into one compact and convenient device. The first represents how life has existed up to this point--space consuming, unwieldy, cumbersome. The ebook reader shows how the same stuff can become easy to access without all the trouble of lugging it around in boxes and how the future will be more minimalist and easy to take with you wherever you go.



No comments:

Post a Comment