Monday, September 26, 2011

Mitch Stevens- Gestalt Logo (Similarity)

I chose to create a logo using the Similarity principle of the Gestalt theory. Recently, I have been doing a lot with Proof Sunglasses. Part of the strategy for this branding campaign is that proof allows the consumer to stand out in order to fit in by wearing a pair of sunglasses that are different and unique, but that aren't too bizarre looking. This idea of dissimilarity seemed to match that idea, so I created a logo to match in which all the squares appear to be from the same piece of wood but they are, in fact, all unique. Then, with the repetition of those wood squares, I was able to create a break in the pattern where I placed the known Proof lettering. This dissimilarity, I feel, draws attention to the brand name and the concept of the product as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment