Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Perception - Tyler Stevenett









Downtown Provo has a lot more to offer than what can be seen at a quick glance. For me, Provo City Center carries vibes similar to those I feel when walking around Old Main Street in Park City, and I'd love to do this activity again up there on my own time. I was amazed at how much I learned and saw by simply taking the time to look. I learned that the "brick" work crossing Center Street at University Avenue toward the Provo City Center Temple is not actually brick at all... it's some sort of paint finish. I found that while we do have graffiti in Provo, some of it carries with it the religious encouragement from our culture: "Seek and you will find." I learned that there is an underground venue hall right off University Avenue, one that I almost walked right by, called the Underground Social Hall. I learned that all of Provo Town Square and its shops/restaurants are interconnected by a pretty cool brick and wood hallway (hint: See that door at the back of Rockwell Ice Cream? Go through it!). I also found a little bit of Provo's artistic scene down this hall, seeing different types of wall art and accent pieces. It's amazing how much Provo has to offer if we simply look. I wonder how much more I'm missing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment