Tuesday, June 21, 2016

PERCEPTION

I loved this assignment because I love downtown Provo. My parents just so happen to be in town yesterday and we walked down Center Street together. That was especially interesting to me because they remember this same street being completely different 25+ years ago. So I focused on things that were part of this evolution and change. I chose this unique lantern because I eat all the time at this restaurant, but I've never taken a moment to appreciate the design of this light fixture. The next image is funny to me because I've walked this street hundreds of times and I've never seen this little statue, but when I was searching for something new, this is what I came across. It's literally on the main street that millions of people walk down and I don't think anyone even notices it! Next is a shot of Rockwell Ice Cream. I've never been to this ice cream shop nor did I know it existed. But we went in and tried it. The next image I LOVE! There is a new shop called "Here" that is opening so this shop is super new. I love this display in their window because it's so unique and I seriously love the stacked furniture against the wall with the simple art. Next is a shot of a mannequin outside of a store called "Unhinged." I've actually been in this store, but it wasn't until last night when I noticed flowers coming out of the head of this mannequin. There was surprisingly multiple interesting spots I never thought about all throughout downtown Provo.







No comments:

Post a Comment