Sunday, March 27, 2016

Typography: Samantha Clark

When I was in high school I was the editor-in-chief of my high school yearbook. Picking the typography for the book was one of the hardest parts of the design because it HAD to communicate our concept. I like clean, simple, yet beautiful typography design. My yearbook advisor always encouraged us to look at food blogs for typography--she said that effective food blogs choose typography that communicated the how they baked their food. So, for this assignment I went to a few different food blogs and found the typography that I liked the best. In this example, the blogger choose a handwritten font, in all caps. Generally, I try to steer away from all caps because they can be hard to read, but in this case, I actually think she broke a rule and did it well. I love how the word "frosting" is on a line of its own. The main reason I liked this example is because the typography looks like someone could have written it in frosting on a cake. I think the reason this typography works, is because they included an image of a cake right behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment