Monday, December 12, 2011

R.I.P. books

From my perspective there is no doubt that our culture reads less books than previous generations. But, is this due entirely or even mostly to our society being more visual or other factors? I would argue that the main reason we read less books is because we have become so fast paced and books take time to read.

I would also say that our society may read less books but does not read less. There are just many more mediums than there used to be, especially online.

I do think that actual physical books on paper will phase out in the next 50 years or so, with advances in products like the Kindel.

So we may loose actual physical books one day, but we will never stop reading. In fact I assume we spend more of our day reading than any generation before us.

always,
robbie rane

No comments:

Post a Comment