Monday, July 13, 2015

Color

I've spent this past weekend in my home state of Ohio. Feeling inspired by the green foliage that surrounds our neighborhood, I used an image of an Ohio forest to create my color swatch.  By embellishing on the tree graphic, I added another layer of color on the tree graphic. To adjust this tint of color, white was added to the hue.  I was tempted to contrast these colors with their complements; a red splash to complement the green and a tinted orange to complement the light blue. However, I chose to keep the palette very neutral. Blues and greens live closely on the color wheel. In color wheel vocabulary, blues and greens share a harmonious relationship because they are adjacent colors. Varying hues of the colors suggest peace and calm to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment