Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Creative Assignment #3

For this assignment I started by making a list of all of the qualities I think a friend should have. Then, I made a list of people I knew that fit the qualities. All of the people on the list are either out of town or were busy tonight, except one...


...and that one person happened to be my husband. Haha, so I ended up photographing him. It worked out because he really is my best friend and therefore the perfect candidate for this assignment! 

On a more serious note, this assignment reminded me of conversations I've had over the years with friends and acquaintances about the breakups they're going through. To my surprise, one of the most common reasons I've heard for ending a relationship is "we're just better friends than we are boyfriend/girlfriend," or some variation of that statement. To be blunt, I think that is the stupidest reason for a breakup I've ever heard. For me, having a genuine friendship with a S/O is a sign that the relationship is going well...not a reason to break things off. Obviously everyone is searching for different things in relationships; but in my life, friendship and love doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. 

Anyways, here's the pictures I took (one in his natural environment and one smiling):





No comments:

Post a Comment