Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Creative Assignment #5

I am fighting for nostalgia. It sounds weird I know. But I always find myself reminiscing and reflecting on the past. I get nostalgic a LOT. I try to hold on to things. I fight to hold on to things. But I had a realization last week that its good to hold on to things, but a little more importantly, it's good to let go of things. I had this epiphany while I was making list of things I forget to love/appreciate before its too late. The list was called "Things you love 2 seconds too late" then, without thinking I made a list under it called "Things you realize in 2 seconds you don't need".  I'm not sure if that even makes any sense, but the first list is all about holding on to things, but the second list is about letting things go. Things that aren't essential to my personal happiness. I hoard memories of my past life, and while it is ok to be nostalgic, I learned that it is really good to let things go. Here's my lists:

Things you love 2 seconds too late:

the house you grew up in, family dog, sunsets, your parents, cake, long hikes, hugs goodbye, summer, a good bike ride, a good conversation with friends

Things you realize in 2 seconds you don't need:

washing machine, headphones, car, social media, cake, parties, clothes, drama from high school friends, grudges

I made a nostalgic playlist last year around my birthday because what is more nostalgic than another year around the sun? If you want to listen while you are holding on to things, give it a listen, then let it all go.

https://open.spotify.com/user/jellsworth00/playlist/7o9HL0bqCdfvbAF3phDeZF?si=jWOHKXjFSFSMglwbzaLjlA

No comments:

Post a Comment