Monday, May 13, 2019

Blog Post #2 -- A Padded Box



This post actually draws inspiration from our first assignment. After creating my little cardboard airplane, I realized that I enjoyed cutting up cardboard to make something. Continuing that theme, I realized that for an upcoming trip of mine, I needed some kind of travel case to put my microphones in to protect them while flying. Looking around I realized I had more cardboard boxes and a lot of foam from other previous purchases. So, I decided instead of buying a padded case, I was going to make one.

I measured out the foam and the box and began making cuts. Some things worked and others didn't. I found that a combination of tape and glue was the best way to keep the foam to the box. and after making a few cuts in the foam, the microphones fit snugly and securely in the box. I was pretty proud of my handy work.

What I realized from this quick project was that I was able to take a simply idea in my head and actually turn it into something tangible. When I started, I didn't know exactly how it was going to turn out. As I kept working on the box, step by step, I problem solved my way through it until I found something that worked. For me it was a big deal, even though at the end of the day it's just a simple box. But, it was cool to gain some confidence in my abilities.

3 comments:

  1. I think that the realization that you had from this project was rad. It feels good when you think of an idea and then you are able to fully execute it and see the tangible result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool that you had that quick inspiration and then just went and made it right away. I think our best work comes when we don't overthink it or wonder how successful it will be. Kudos to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like the definition of being resourceful. Good job. I love that you did not buy one because those things can be quite expensive. Starting something is the hardest. Especially when we can't yet envision how something will be when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete