Monday, May 13, 2019

Creative Assignment #4


I love telling stories and being a filmmaker has always been my desired route to do so. One thing I have always wanted to do, but never dared, was to quit school, go live in LA or NY in a tiny study apartment and write the next big block buster movie. It's something I've fantasized about for a long time, but also have never dared to try.

Every time I even consider the possibility I immediately get scared. Fear enters my mind as I think of all the repercussions that would occur if I did that. I think of how my family and my in-laws would all believe I'm crazy. I would hear endless sermons about the value of an education. I would also personally feel stupid knowing I've invested all this time in my education only to walk away from it all. I would also feel guilty dragging my wife into a hot mess like that.

But still the idea is there and the dream lingers. The thought of walking down the red carpet at the Oscar's and hearing my name and movie called as the winner of this year's "Best Picture". It's quite the fantasy! The thought of spending long nights in a tiny cafe in downtown NY working on a screen play or calling friends and colleagues to recruit their help on the project just sounds awesome.

So, that's something crazy I've always wanted to pursue. I don't ever see it happening. But, it's sure nice to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment