Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Creative Assignment No. 5



I am fighting for subjective improvement. That means I am fighting with myself. Constantly. What I decide as improvement today will possibly in every way change tomorrow. I have to make the decision of who I am, and each day, the criterion shifts for who I want to be. New experiences cloud what I once wanted for myself before and influence me to want something else. I might circle back around to something familiar, and I’ll eventually let that go. At times, I am subjected to voices of cynicism and malice that lay hold on me, and then I need to fight that too. I keep struggling.  I continue wrestling. Because I am fighting to be better than who I was once, whatever that means. So, until I become a person I’m completely satisfied with or simply die, I will always fight with myself and against the world to subjectively improve. This purpose might be more egocentric than fighting for some righteous universal cause.  

It probably is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment