Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Creative Assignment 4

For this assignment I decided to do something that I've always wanted to do, and that has always been scary to me. This weekend I registered to run in a Spartan race. For those who don't know what a Spartan is, it's a race with various obstacles spread throughout--each varying in length and intensity. I like working out and staying healthy, but I've always been a really bad runner. I have little to no endurance, I'm slow, and I don't like the way I feel when I'm running. In other words, I'm not the type to just "go on a run." I don't mind running when I'm playing a sport, and I'm fine with other kinds of cardio...but for whatever reason running and I just don't match very well. Additionally, my husband ran track in high school, so running with him makes me feel self conscious.

All of these reasons have made me hesitant to sign up for a race that requires training and long-term prep. But I've always wanted to buckle down and do it, just to see if I end up liking it and also just to say I've done it! So anyways, this weekend I finally decided that I needed to do this, so we registered for a Spartan in June up in Idaho. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. We only have about six weeks to train so I'm looking forward to some intense workouts these next few weeks.

I drew a picture of what I imagine the race to look like (complete with me and muscles since that's how I expect to look post-training):


No comments:

Post a Comment